We’re here to help! Enrolling in the plan is simple, but investing for your life goals requires you to be informed.

Before Enrolling in the plan, you should:

  • Understand the plan features
  • Review the Investment Options offered
  • Understand the Investment Option Performance

Am I eligible to participate in the 457 Plan?

The Kern County 457 Deferred Compensation Plan is a voluntary plan available to all full-time employees of Kern County.

There are two ways to enroll in the County's 457 Plan.

  1. Meet with the County’s local representative. You can choose to meet individually with a local representative to review your personal situation and help you through the enrollment process. To make an appointment to enroll, please contact Liliana Fahel* at 661-868-3467 or email Liliana.Fahel@voyafa.com. Liliana is located in the Treasurer’s Office at 1115 Truxtun Avenue, 2nd Floor, Bakersfield, CA 93301.
  2. Online Enrollment. You can complete the enrollment process online, including selecting your investment choices, by selecting the Enroll Now link on this page. Online enrollment is quick and easy. Before enrolling in the plan, you should also be prepared to provide the name of each person you wish to designate as your beneficiary. You may submit up to 10 beneficiaries online.

Investment adviser representative and registered representative of, and securities and investment advisory services offered through, Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. (member SIPC).

Not FDIC/NCUA/NCUSIF Insured I Not a Deposit of a Bank/Credit Union I May Lose Value I Not Bank/Credit Union Guaranteed I Not Insured by Any Federal Government Agency

Insurance products, annuities and retirement plan funding issued by Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company ("VRIAC"), Windsor, CT. VRIAC is solely responsible for its own financial condition and contractual obligations. Plan administrative services provided by VRIAC. Securities distributed by Voya Financial Partners LLC (member SIPC) or third parties with which it has a selling agreement. Custodial account agreements or trust agreements are provided by Voya Institutional Trust Company. All companies are members of the Voya® family of companies. All products and services may not be available in all states.

Enroll Online

Ready to Enroll? Get started today!